Tuesday, October 29, 2013

tasty jams: number one

hello everyone! "tasty jams" will be a weekly or monthly (i havent decided yet) post where i will broadcast the songs that have been dancing around my head most recently. there is no order, or rhyme or reason. im doing this because its my blog/my rules, and i like sharing what i like.. so heres tasty jams, NUMBER ONE!


the sprout and the bean- joanna newsom
i dont know about you guys, but october is just another excuse for me to watch "the strangers" repeatedly. by far, one of my all time favorite scary films. liv tyler is a horror hottie in this motion picture and i cannot get enough! if you are new to this movie, this beautiful joanna newsom song helps set the terrifying vibe via vinyl during the most anxious scenes. i can listen to this song to put in me in a scary halloween mood, or even to help me drift into a peaceful slumber. (this song makes me feel like im walking on my tip toes..) all around just greatness.... once you listen you will understand.

teenage dirtbag- wheatus
confession time: im a one direction fan.... im embarrassed. but you have to agree, they can do a pretty damn good wheatus cover, right? this has been my number one go-to song to wake me up in the morning on my way to school, or for my morning run (the original, and the 1D cover). this is one of those songs that you have to listen to very loud... or else youre doing it wrong. 

brothers- tanlines
whenever i worked at urban outfitters, tanlines would play more than often, and now... i can't stop (like miley). i just love them. the instrumental sounds, their voices, the lyrical aspects, everything is just so fresh to my ear drums. this song is the perfect "rainy day song," if i do say so myself; the beat, and the lyrics make me feel so cozy. not only this song, but their album "mixed emotions" as a whole gives me a sort of snuggled-up-in-bed feeling.

 hatshepsut (noble oak remix)- oh no! yoko
a remix? thats a little scary to me; im definitely not the biggest fan of remixes. but i am a big fan of the canadian band "oh no! yoko" and i stumbled upon this tasty jam a few days ago and i was immediately drawn in. it has a certain psychedelic sound that burrows through my flesh and gives me a natural high. dont get me wrong, the original is just as pleasing to the ears; but they sound more like cousins than brothers. wait, does that make sense? what im trying to say is, that they both are made up of different emotional facets. 



thank you for reading tasty jams.



No comments:

Post a Comment